We can awaken a healthier planet together!
Get in touch and we will unlock the healthy & sustainable potential of the food industry.
Health & Nutrition from the Sprau® Ingredients
Legumes are one of the most valuable sources for replacing meat and dairy products in the human diet due to their nutritional value and functional versatility. On top of being an excellent source of plant-based protein, legumes store dietary fiber, minerals and vitamins.
Today, increasing evidence is pointing to digestive wellbeing as a cornerstone of good health. For many consumers, all the good nutrition in beans is out of reach because of the digestive discomfort caused by alpha-galactosides, belonging to the group of FODMAPs. Alpha-galactosides are indigestible anti-nutritive compounds that nature intended for plants, not for humans. The germinating bean naturally removes the alpha-galactosides, while leaving other components of dietary fiber to promote your gut health. A sufficient intake of dietary fiber protects you from lifestyle diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes. Unfortunately, fiber-rich plant parts and fiber-rich plants often end up as feed, whereas we us humans eat the refined starches and proteins.
Sprau® is more than plant protein,
we give you the whole germinated bean!
Sprau® germinated split beans
Sprau® germinated bean flour
Health & Nutrition benefits
Easy for digestion
- Low in antinutritives (e.g. alpha-galactosides and tannins).
- Fast and efficient digestibility of protein.
Great source of macro and micronutrients
- High in protein (35%).
- High quality protein (amino acid score over 80%).
- Source of dietary fiber (13%).
- High in minerals magnesium, calcium, zinc, potassium and group B vitamins such as folate.
- Awakened by nature’s own process of germination.
- Organic upon request.
Favorable for application in fermented products
- Germination releases sugars and amino acids for fermentation.
Mild flavor by our unique treatment*
- Mild, cereal like flavor enabling multiple applications and diversity in flavor design.
Retained, natural functionality of proteins
- High solubility
- Good gelling and emulsification properties.
Convenient to use
- Does not require soaking prior to cooking
- Cooking time: split beans – 20 min, flour – 5 min.